Saturday, September 22, 2012

what I've learned in photo classes

i have been taking photoshop classes to learn to edit my pictures. to make them pro looking.
it has been a learning curve for me since i had never even dabbled in photography much less photoshop, when i first opened the program i have to admit i was very intimidated by it.
 lucky for me i have a great instructor is who is well versed in photoshop 
and who is also a great teacher.

 this is a shot that i took of my sister's dog Hurley this summer.
straight out of camera:


this is without editing. i liked the shot but was not happy with the water drippings on the floor.
nor with the redness of his eyes. 


i edited a first time  and brightened it up a bit but i was still not able to get rid of the water marks on the floor or the redness in his eyes.


and this is the final edit after brushing up on my photoshop skills.
i learned how to remove the water marks by using the patch tool. i brightened and eliminated some of the redness to his eyes and cleaned up a few areas on his coat.
much better, don't ya think?

i am much happier with this image. makes me feel one step closer to my goal.

wishing you a great weekend ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are always welcome and appreciated